Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wisdom to pass on to deaf ears

I don't miss it.

Nope.

Not one little bit.

Dating.

It's so fickle. So liquid. So wishy-washy. I can't find the right word here, but you get my point. It's so uncertain. There's a certain viscosity that seems to be there, and then all of the sudden it's a slippery liquid that doesn't hold anything or becomes a vapor. Perhaps this doesn't make sense in words as much as it does in my head. I just don't miss the day-to-day wondering of, "Is this going to make it?" "Is this person the right one?" "What do we need to do to make this work?" I hate complicated messy relationships. I'm a true believer, now, that they don't have to be that painstakingly complicated.

I believe it was mule who commented on trigirl82's blog who stated that stories like boysmile and mine are rare. It's true. I'm so thankful for it being so easy for us. We liked each other. We got married. End of story. We never had to hesitated and wonder whether this was going to work or if this was the person that we wanted to be with forever. It just worked. Yay for us.

Sometimes I wish I could help people out and let them know that things just are going to work for them. You know? Not that I consider myself all knowing, but I'm pretty dang close to all-knowing. (Well, maybe not.) It's like watching a car accident in slow motion. "NOOOOOOO..." You can't stop people from making relationship mistakes. I realize this. If they are anything like myself, then they have to experience things to learn things. It sucks, but I guess experience is the best teacher. I could talk until I was blue in the face, but the person on the other end will probably think, "I'm sure he's different now." That's what I did. And guess what? Usually the people giving me an outside perspective were right. I should have listened to them.

You need relationship advice? I can give you some for just 19.99 an hour. You're welcome. This is pretty much just me vomiting some thoughts right now. To no one in particular I might add. Well, not to any of my readers I suppose. Okay, that's all.

2 comments:

trigirl82 said...

It would seem to me that if you're constantly questioning whether or not "this person is THE person" or desperately try to figure out "what do we need to do to make this work"- well, then he/she is probably NOT "the" person.

That may just be foolish idealism or my "great" track record/experience talking though... *ahem*. Maybe I'm wrong.

Natalie said...

I understand. I'm sure there are some readers out there who can gain some wisdom and be thankful for the cheap 20 bucks. What made you post about this anyway? Sorta random. But you are random, so I shouldnt be surprised.